- There is NO RADIATION exposure to the patient. Unlike Fluoroscopic or CT guided injections ultrasound does not emit any radiation that can be harmful to a patient. Ask your provider what type of guidance they will be using during your injection, and if it gives off radiation.
- Ultrasound Guided injections are nearly 100% accurate. There have been numerous studies that show physicians to be anywhere from 60-80% accurate with “blind” injections. When you need pain relief and positive results, it does make a difference how accurate the injection is. Don’t settle for 60% when you can have 100%.
- Ultrasound injections generally hurt less, minimize the need for “repeats” and the procedures are faster than a “blind” injection.
- With Ultrasound, you can actually watch the injection on the LCD screen if you’d like.
- Ultrasound utilization does not require you to go to a hospital. Ultrasound guidance is done in our office.
ULTRASOUND DIAGNOSTIC SCANNING
Do you have an injury? With the Ultrasound the injury can often be visualized in less than 30 seconds. This works amazing for tears, leg strains, shoulder injuries, and many other injuries.